A review of 2016, and what I have been doing, both professionally and on my free time.
- Several system upgrade and implementation projects as Project Manager and/or Architect/Engineer.
- Plenty of ETL processes. Data extraction from Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases, APIs, json, xml, xlsx, pdf and from the web by scraping.
- Lots of reporting solutions with both Python and QlikView, to support business decision making and production team's daily operations.
- Several analyses and pre-studies.
- DevOps for several systems.
- Designed, developed and implemented a distributed logging, monitoring and alerting system.
- Chatbots to Slack, with various skills and purposes. I was interviewed about this on the largest Finnish IT magazine Tivi 11/2016. Very cool!
- Held my first public webinar about APIs and Information Security with a privacy twist. You can find the recording on Youtube and the slides on my site, both in Finnish.
- Couple of other sessions/workshops for various parties about APIs and chatbots, e.g. for the Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Wrote 11 articles on this site.
- Last but not least; Rested and procrastinated. Chilled, travelled, watched movies, played video games, and read couple of books.
The year 2016 had its ups and downs, both professionally and personally. Will do my everything to make 2017 better. Happy New Year!